Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The First Post!

The Introduction!
Here goes.... I've had a blog for a few years now, doing movie reviews with my friend Geri (janeandgeridishthemovies.blogspot.com) and enjoy this quite a bit.  However, it is quite limiting.  I find that I'd like to discuss other topics from time to time, such as books I've read or my take on an interesting (non-political) current event.  I try to stay away from politics at all costs.  It offends everyone.  Everywhere.  Every day.  Even more than religion.  And more than that, my politics offend everybody, everywhere all over the place as my opinions are all over the place.  I am what is known as the ultra-liberal, bleeding heart libertarian.  With a republican conservative bent.  Who once voted for Ross Perot and has been known to vote in every election and only once voted for a president that was elected.  And, believe it or not, I live in Massachusetts.  So, I will stay away from politics because I like people, don't want to offend you and would like people to read my blog and perhaps comment.  Please comment!

The name of my blog.  Yes.  My late husband called me Calamity Jane.  Not because I am a frontierswoman or outdoorsperson.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Alas, calamity seems to follow my footsteps.  I can be a walking disaster.  I am clumsy, klutzy and a goofball.  I crash into things.  I am not young (nor am I old, I have been widowed at a relatively young age, it was a shock).  I managed to break my foot without falling down, quite a feat.  (Yes, pun intended.)  I have a gift for getting bruised.  My husband finally admitted my gift when I walked into our kitchen one day and five feet away, glasses leaped out (yes, leaped out!) of cabinets and flung themselves onto the floor.  I had a witness, finally, to the powers of my calamity! 

So, hopefully, you'll jump on the wagon with me and enjoy the ride as I jot down the ramblings of my mind as I start this new adventure in 2012.  And in the spirit of the new year I must tell you this.  I think one of two things regarding the Mayans:

1.  The Mayan guy got tired and said I'm done with this calendar business.
2.  He or she ran out of material because the mining people were on strike again, or (oops three things)
3.  (got this one on the internet) Marty McFly went to the future in 2015 so the world doesn't end yet!
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Politics is something I avoid as well. I told one of my father's friends recently at dinner that it was my policy to avoid three things at the dinner table- sex, politics and religion.

    ReplyDelete