Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bejeweled!

I began making jewelry about one and one half years after my husband passed away.  (I have to admit, I was devastated.... I thought we'd reach retirement age at least.)  Why did I start?  Because my BFF told me to.  Plain and simple.  That was good enough for me.  There are some people we listen to in life and I listen to Biffie (sorry for the nickname but you know, I kind of like it!). 

There are two things:  one, I always LOVED gems and jewelry.  As a little girl, when I read fairy tales about queens and princesses and rubies and sapphires and emeralds..... and diamonds.... I just thought everyone had them.  Boy was I in for a big disappointment.

Two, Biffie had just seen me drop a fair amount of money. We were on vacation on Cape Cod.  There was this gorgeous necklace that matched my favorite earrings and looked so wonderful.  It was a birthday present to myself.  (Later, during the vacation, I found a great bracelet that matches quite nicely, I just had to have it.  I have received compliments and once, asked where the assembly could be purchased, it was the colors she wanted for her wedding, she was dreaming, looks this good take time and effort)  One day I will manage a photo with the earrings, necklace and bracelet.  I will get there, I will learn how to post photos!

And I have strayed from the path.  This past week or so, I have spent very industriously producing new ornaments.  I have felt inspired.  That helps so much.  Photos will definitely follow, on facebook, certainly, and on the soon to be announced website.  Yes, but I have to get it up and running first.  This whole 21st century stuff takes a while to digest.  If only I could put a little bling on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment